Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 22, 2008 (written by Janeen)

Alright, so some of my friends say, "You need to blog more" so here goes.

We are in Maseru today. I didn't have classes yesterday, so we came in and took care of some things like turn in some sponsorship applications for students at my school, close our Lesotho bank accounts, and print some photos. All things on my list are just about accomplished except that I can't find pink label stickers for my library. Jason said I can just send them once I get home. We have told everyone not to send any more packages or letters because at this point we might not get them! The bank took about 3 hours because we had to wait in line for 2 1/2. That was pretty boring, but at least that is done.

We're trying to wrap everything up. Yesterday Jason had to go to town to complain at the hardware store. The contractors have stopped construction because of waiting for materials. The hardware store said they would deliver the goods yesterday. We haven't heard yet if they did. We've still got our fingers crossed that it will be finished before we leave.

I have seen the exam that my students wrote and I think it seems pretty easy. I was pleased with the questions. I believe they were prepared and think that they should have done well. SO we'll find out in January how they did. I've already given the school secretary a self-addressed, stamped envelope for them to send me a copy of the results.

That's it for now. Look forward to see you all. Only 43 more days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!!!! See you soon!

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Jason,

It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

Anonymous said...

Jason & Janeen- I just posted this as a comment on your Aug 11, 2007 post, but then realized you may not see a comment that far back. So I am posting it again:

Jason & Janeen - I found your blog by googling "Ted Mooney Peace Corps Senegal" Ted and I were friends in Senegal in 1976. I was not in the Peace Corps myself, but was visiting friends who were and shared some great times with Ted. Please tell him that Barry Kingman's friend Paul Walker would like to get in touch. If he can send regular email, I'm at readers@prwbooks.com. That's the best way to contact me, but I can also do AIM. Thanks and good luck with your Lesotho experience.