Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, 2008 (written by Janeen)

Hello everyone! This has been an eventful week. All my students wrote a test (the one that is easy to grade- reading comprehension and grammar) on Tuesday and I am just about finished up with those.

Next Tuesday they will write the one that is not so fun to grade- the composition and letter. Though,I do have one less class now. There are some new teachers in training and my form B language class was taken away. They were really upset, but I think they are OK now. I still teach them literature and see them twice a week. Jason and three other PCVS (Becky, Sasha, and Anne Marie) are doing workshops about
libraries. This morning they met with my teachers. It was good because they were able to reiterate some of the things that I've been saying and I think it helped my teachers with ideas of how to run the library once I am gone. We even had some of the students come in for a short while when they talked about care of books.

Jason went to the bank this week with the builder and his principal to withdraw the money for the new building. It was a frustrating day because they spent 3 1/2 hours being given the run around at the bank.

We had a pretty eventful Wednesday night. One of the teacher's windows were broken, students run a muck and it was complete chaos at night study. The full version of why & all the aftermath is about 2 pages typed and it is not a very uplifting story, so I don't want to post it on the blog. If your interested- email me and I will email you the whole story.

We are approaching the three month mark of coming home. With that said, packages should no longer be sent. We of course have LOVED & enjoyed everything sent. Now that we are thinking about coming home- we are also thinking about what to do with the things we have accumulated. Up until now we have been putting up letters
on our walls, and we pretty much wallpapered the entire room. Sometimes the cards have fallen down and we just recently decided that at this point we'll just leave them down, and not put up new ones! We would still appreciate some snail mail, but now that we have internet- its not as important!

We're basically wrapping things up and preparing our minds to go back to the states. I did almost cry at assembly the other day because I enjoy the days when the songs are lively. It makes for a happy start of the day. So I got to thinking that I would miss that and I would miss the students and then I got teary eyed. I had to put a stop to that though because I had to make an announcement and I didn't want to be crying as I told the students to collect their ties at short break!

Anyway, we miss you and are counting the days until our arrival--104!

Right now I feel sick to my stomach. Our cat has had an abnormal bump on his stomach since we've had him. We think it might be a hernia or something. It doesn't seem painful and we don't really have the means to take him to a vet. Anyway... last night he cut the skin off the edge of the bump and now part of his innards are exposed. It is so sad to look at him because he moves so gingerly and you can tell he is in pain. We still don't have the means to take him to a vet. Jason is in town right now at a workshop. When he left this morning, we knew he had injured himself, but didn't think that the skin was fully removed. Jeremy taught Jason how to suture before we left. Maybe when he gets home, he'll attempt that. I'm just sitting here, trying not to think about it because when I do I feel so helpless and sad. I mean I know I was going to have to say good-bye to him in a few months, but this almost seems worse. I mean if Jason can't suture him then what do we do? Would euthanizing him be better than letting him get sick? I really don't want to be thinking these things! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

december will be here before you know it. can't wait! love you guys.