Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 11th, 2007


So I am here again. Man I am here way to often! But oh well that is the way the cookie crombles! I am here again on committee a.k.a. work group stuff. Got to get the Worldwise Schools stuff going and keep the Technology rolling to all the PCV's in the country (those were the two committees that I was in town for). The committees are actually really committed to improving processes and procedures here. It is a slow process but we are really doing some good things that will benefit the volunteers and more importantly the Basotho people.

I have had a lot of time as well to hang out with our new country director. His name is Ted Mooney and he is a super cool cat from New England. He was in the Hi-Tech sector and retired from his company in 2000. He did some consulting after that and decided that he wanted to make his way back to Peace Corps (he served in Senegal in the early 80's). I am learning a lot about him and we get to talk shop (hi-tech markets and the fall of the stock market). It is really fun and pushing me to keep learning while I am here.

Otherwise, we are back in school and doing well. We will be trying to be more up to date on the blogging and e-mailing. It is hard but we love to do it. We also love hearing from you (have I said this before) and would love to get some e-mails and letters. Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma D., Carla and Jack, and others for the awesome books! The school loves them!
Hope you are all well
All the best
Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason - I found your blog by googling "Ted Mooney Peace Corps Senegal" Ted and I were friends in Senegal in 1976. I was not in the Peace Corps myself, but was visiting friends who were and shared some great times with Ted. Please tell him that Barry Kingman's friend Paul Walker would like to get in touch. If he can send regular email, I'm at readers@prwbooks.com. That's the best way to contact me, but I can also do AIM. Thanks and good luck with your Lesotho experience.