Wednesday, July 11, 2007

July 11, 2007 (written by Jason)

Hello friends out there in the world. We are coming from you live t-minus 3 days until our island vacation. We are so excited about getting away for a few days that it has been hard to focus on anything else as of late. However we are getting some stuff done. Janeen finished all her reports, early, at that. She also has finished the leveling which she has talked about in other blogs. It is kind of a strange practice but the people here really enjoy knowing how they compare to eachother I guess.

I have been keeping busy too. Today I was involved in a panel discussion with the new volunteers where we talked about the diversity of Peace Corps here in Lesotho. We talked about odd cultural interactions and the funny and sometimes ridiculous situations that go on here. All in all the PCT's said that it was the best training that they had so far. And as an added perk I got to have a nice lunch paid for by Peace Corps.
So I am waiting for my wife to arrive tomorrow so that we can spend a few days with friends before heading out to Jo'Burg. We hope that you are all enjoying your summers. We have heard it is hot but I hope that you are happy.
All the best
Jason

No comments: