Friday, March 30, 2007

March 30th, 2007 (written by Jason)

So training this week is finally wrapping up and that is good because some times it just drives me a little bit crazy. I have been trying to stay cool and calm but sometimes it can be really really hard to keep my mouth shut. I almost seriously lost my cool with the safety and security coordinator but I managed to wrangle my emotions back in. I am however really enjoying the ammount and quantity of food that we get here at the training center. It is amazing.

In reality I am having a hard time not thinking about vacation. In only 5 days time, we will be in South Africa at what is considered by many as the premeire backpackers in southern Africa. It is really hard to focus as I spend most of my time dreaming about the ocean and not doing anything for a few days.

Some of you have written that you have noticed that we might look like we are losing weight. The answer is yes we have. Janeen has lost about 15 pounds and I am around 20. The thing is, is that we are losing weight naturally and healthily. It is really nice. I am excercising about 2 hours (because of the long bike trips) a day and Janeen and I think we are going to train to run in a half marathon in Cape Town next year. It should be really good. Help keep us motivated as at the elevation it can get discouraging some times. Ok well I think I have bored you enough for this installment. Hope everyone is well. Love and miss you all.

Jason

1 comment:

Tammy Valvo said...

Jason, excited to see that you are going to take a vacation. Enjoy!

Janeen asked me to organize a book drive. Good News - New Song agreed to support us. They asked me to write a description to help inspire people to give. I thought it might be best coming directly from you guys. Send me as much as you can and I will filter it. That way we can prepare to address the church and to put something in the bulletin. If you have some pictures to send of the school or the students, that might help, too. Send to me at tammy.valvo@protiviti.com.

Things are going well with our pregnancy. We are 26 weeks. Had a scare last week, but all is well. Baby is getting bigger and still inside - we are praying to make it to at least 32 weeks.