Friday, June 27, 2008

June 27th 2008 (written by Janeen)

Just a short update: Jason started renovations on his school this week. Its going well. The workers are motivated and the school is looking great! Today is our fourth anniversary and we are going to pamper ourselves and head to Lady Brand, which is in South Africa. We are getting massages and eating good food that we don’t have to cook and clean up after! J

There is supposed to be yet another stay away starting on Monday. Apparently there will be a nation wide transport strike. I’m not sure what they are upset about this time. There have been several stay aways since we’ve been here. I’m not sure that they are effective, but I guess its better than violence and riots!

Not that the transport strike affects me much being that I now have loads of grading to do. They wrote my exam on Wednesday and pretty much all of Thursday I spent grading non-stop so that I can enjoy this weekend. I of course brought some along, but I intend to do it at a leisurely pace. Once I am finished I can help more at Jason’s school. I got to help one day this week. We painted a classroom. There is so much more to do!

Well the countdown is ON! We have about 5 months left. And for those of you who haven’t heard we are headed home December 4th! Miss you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are getting to do something other than grade papers for once. Enjoy the reprieve! Love you guys, Mom L.

Anonymous said...

Wooo Hooo! December 4th! Can't wait!