Friday, February 08, 2008

February 8, 2008 (written by Janeen)

Well this morning I woke up with a swollen eye, and am now in Maseru (3 hours after leaving my site). The Peace Corps doctor decided to refer me to an optomologist. He said that the optomologist is normally busy and might not be able to get me in today. Which is true. He called and I can't get in for the next month because THE optomologist is out of the country. So I may have to go to Bloemfontein. We are just concerned because it is recurring and I don't even know what it is. I thought it was a stye, but I've got them in both eyes and the pimple looking whiteness has gone away and left a small hard bump on my eyelid. Today is the second time my left eye has been swollen. Now that I have somewhat described my condition, I will move on.

The past few weeks have been the roughest by far of all my service. I don't really want to get into it on my blog for all to see, but it was the first time that I actually felt like coming home. I of course still want to come home and can't wait until the end of 2008, but I'm sure we'll stick it out!

I was thinking about trying to get back for my afternoon classes at 2:00, but I now realize that was wishful thinking. But am bummed that all I came for was to find out that the optomologist is out of the country!

Jason and I are planning on going to Bloemfontein for Valentine's weekend. We'll get to watch a movie. Has anyone seen any good movies you'd like to recommend? It will be nice to get away for the weekend.

Love you and miss you all! P.S. We've only gotten 1 letter in the past 3 weeks. :( (Yes I am trying to guilt some of you into writing!!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enchanted is supposed to be really great. Bucket List is hilarious and sad at the same time. Fool's Gold looks really fun too!

Anonymous said...

Enchanted was good. Good call Carla. Juno was good too. Atonement got good reviews, but I haven't seen it. If you're feeling a chick flick, 27 Dresses is the way to go.

Jason Samuelian said...

We saw 27 Dresses. It was cute. Bucket list looked too sad. As did PS I Love you. Juno looks good, but its not out yet.