Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 23rd, 2007 (written by Jason)

Hello all of you all around the globe! I am away from my wife for officially the longest period of time that I have ever spent away from her. We have been married for 3 years on June 27th, 2007 and have been together for about 4 years. In that time the longest that I have been away from her was a period of time that we have spent apart was 3 days. Coming to this week, I have now been away from my amazing, beautiful, sophisticated and intelligent wife. So needless to say that I miss her.

However, the reason that I spent the week away from my gorgeous spouse was that I went up to the mountain to visit a good friend of mine. He was an 8 hour bus ride up the hill. I was not doing very well as I had developed as they call it here, symptoms of the common cold. They would also say "I am suffering from the common cold." It kind of kills me. Anyway, after getting up there I found that I am extremely glad to be living where I am living. The mountains while being very nice and pretty, it is super isolated. We had a good time altogether reading and enjoying it not being cold.

So now I am in Maseru again. I am here for a nerdling convention, otherwise known as the Technology committee. We basically are going to meet to and discuss ways that we can make volunteers lives easier while in country. We also will discuss how to create better opportunities to communicate our experiences here with technology and media. So that is what is going on here.

As you may know we are wrapping up the school for the first term. Janeen is working hard grading her students mid-term papers and would love to hear from all of you. I am so glad to read e-mails from you all and look forward to them. I hope you can get a chance to write to us and send us a quick note. All our love
Jason

No comments: